Search This Blog

Monday 11 June 2012

Advancing technology - listen up!

I very much fear that the kinds of electronic cigarettes being sold in outlets like Tescos, Asda and Spar are already out of date in technology. They certainly can't give an unsuspecting user who buys them a really good experience of vaping. In fact they are just as likely to put smokers off vaping for life!

The same applies to any electronic cigarette trying to pass stringent regulations for use as smoking cessation devices. It takes so long in all the hoo-ha of trials, and applications to authority, that it is quite possible that newer technology will make them a laughingstock.

I would hate that. I do hate that. I hate the fact that lots of stuff advertised as "UK's best" or "UK's most popular" or "UK's best selling" simply makes me ashamed.

My very first experience with an antediluvian product in 2009, put me off vaping for two years! What I see being sold in some shops are no better than that.

Listen up people - get up-to-date with what you offer for sale - I want to feel happy about it.

1 comment:

  1. Your quite right, I mentioned to you before my past experience of vaping also about two -three years ago on one that was sold in the chemist, truly awful and off putting, it was only when i met a friend face to face using one of the tank devices that I even realized they had changed so much! One of the problems a lot of people on their high horses have about vaping is it encourages the 'notion' of smoking, the same way sweet cigarettes were banned years ago and rebranded as sweet sticks and made colourful, I think that the devices which do not look like cigarettes stand a better chance of acceptance in society, sad to even have to say something like that really isnt it.

    I would love to be able to embrace the supermarkets selling e-cigs, how marvelous would it be to pop in and pick up some e-juice if one runs out!... but the products they are stocking just dont make me feel that way.

    I just hope that this is not some way for our government to access the publics reaction to the introduction of electronic nicotine delivery devices because if it is, it is already set up to fail in my humble opinion!

    ReplyDelete